Founder and System Engineer
Scotsmen Enterprises – Denver, CO
2002-2005, 2009 – Present
- Started a Limited Liability Company specializing in the installation and support of small business networks between 3 and 20 users. Supporting clients in the Denver Metro area.
- Firewalls and security Virus Detection and Removal
- Data Backup and Restore Strategies Microsoft Windows 2008 and 2012 Server and Networking
- Microsoft Exchange 2003 and 2007 and E-Mail Management
- Web Domain Management SQL Server 2012 Cluster
- Cloud based solutions
Rotary Club of Littleton – Littleton, CO
2010 – 2016
Rotary Club of Littleton is a nonprofit with 80 members doing a variety of community-based service projects. The club’s foundation has $750,000 in assets.
- Director of Community Service 2010 – 2011
- President Elect 2011 – 2012
- Club President 2012 – 2013
- Past President 2013 – 2014
- President of the Littleton Rotary Foundation 2014 – 2016
Travel Team Systems Engineer
All Covered – Redwood City, CA
2007 – 2009
- Projects have included transitioning various individual offices for a national finance company from their local email system whether it be Exchange, Groupwise, or POP3 to a centralized Exchange server environment within an archiving environment.
- Built a new Windows 2003 domain for a client and performed a cross domain email migration from Exchange 2003 to 2007 as well as setting up a new Active Directory structure.
- Performed an audit of Windows 2003 Active Directory group policies for a multinational company.
- Performed a 200-mailbox migration from Novell Groupwise to Exchange 2003.
- Performed about a dozen Exchange 2007 server installations migrating the users from Pop3 or Exchange 2003 and sometimes having to create an Active Directory structure for these environments.
- Promoted to the All Covered Travel Team where we support the various markets as they transition consultants and have projects that need additional help.
- Worked with several Front End/Back End Exchange 2003 environments.
- This job has been about 66% travel and has taken me to Boston, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Washington DC, Orlando, Seattle, Irvine CA, Sacramento, San Francisco, St. Louis, Kansas City, Providence RI, and Phoenix during the past year.
- Helped migrate a hospital from a Linux based network to a Windows 2003 Active Directory domain.
- Performed several Windows Small Business Server upgrades to new hardware.
- Also performed and closed several assessments for Dell clients through a referral program of All Covered.
All Covered – Denver, CO
2006 – 2007
- Consultant for 18 clients in the Denver Metro area.
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical issues as well as respond with technology solutions to their business needs. Also, did preventative maintenance prior to any issues coming to light.
- Client size was from 5 user to over 100 user networks running a mix of Windows and Mac workstations connecting to primarily Windows servers.
- Helped audit all the remote client setups for the Denver office and communicated the status with our centralized NOC.
Accutrend Data Corporation – Denver, CO
2005 – 2006
- Designed and Maintain a Wide Area Network with 15 Dell servers at a collocation facility and 30 workstations running a combination of Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2000, Exchange 2003, SQL 2000, Sharepoint Services, Internet Information Server, DNS, RAS, Active Directory, Group Policies, Terminal Services, Microsoft Operations Management, Live Communications server, PGP, and Goldmine.
- Manage and maintain the backup of over 1 Terabyte of hard disk space using Backup Exec 10d.
- Research, recommend, and implement hardware and software solutions for the company.
- Researched, implemented, and maintained automated FTP solution.
- Manage and maintain the 4 company websites including DNS and MX records.
- Manage and maintain the Comdial phone switch
- Manage the Cisco Routers, Dell managed switches, and the Sonicwall firewall while monitoring network traffic via SNMP alerts, port monitoring, and MRTG software to ensure that the network is running smoothly.
- Manage a centralized server installation of Symantec Antivirus Corporate edition with external email scans being done for Viruses and Spam by Postini.
- Installed Doubletake failover server for Microsoft Exchange.
- Accutrend Data Corporation was the largest client of Scotsmen Enterprises, and I went to work for them directly after 3 years of consulting.
IT Security Specialist
Riskology, Inc. – Denver, CO
- Research of security and virus detection programs used for penetration testing and security solutions.
- Performed discovery, scanning, and penetration testing for several clients, ranging in size from small businesses to Fortune E50 companies with over 1,000 systems.
- Responsible for the Information Technology infrastructure of the company. Including setup and maintenance of all servers, laptops, workstations, and phones.
- Responsible for finding all hardware and software to perform Wardriving and sniff out wireless networks.
- Responsible for making all updates to the company web page.
- Responsible for the setup and maintenance of company E-mail.
Information Systems Manager
Ticketmaster – Denver, CO
1998 – 2001
- Responsible for the maintenance, upgrades, and backup of 20 servers and 200 workstations in the National Call Center of Ticketmaster.
- Involved in the roll out of six major campaigns as Ticketmaster Call Centers transitioned from ticketing to third party business.
- Managed E-mail nationally for the company as we migrated from Microsoft Mail to Exchange.
- Performed technical lead and project manager duties for the LAN during the build out of three call centers in Pharr, Texas; Shreveport, Louisiana; and San Francisco, California.
- Extended out four months past the closing of the National Phone Center in Colorado to transition servers and applications to Charleston, West Virginia.
Guardian Investors – Tulsa, OK
1992 – 1995
- Was responsible for the completion of 11 set of books
- Was with the company as it grew from 11 million dollars in assets to over 30 million
- Raised funds that were invested in Real Estate limited partnerships
Kansas State University – Manhattan, KS – Graduate with BS in Accounting
Certified Novell NetWare 4.X Administrator
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist Exchange 2007